14.9.09

On More Filipino Cosplay Gripes

Dear Cosplayers,

Maybe I can overlook the fact that you're using brightly colored wigs with some of your hair sticking out. Maybe I can overlook the fact that your skin color does not match that of the character you're cosplaying as. Maybe I can overlook the fact that you're using store-bought costumes. Maybe I can overlook the fact that you're just not pretty. However, aside from the body size, one thing that makes me cringe when not done right is when your eyebrows do not match the color of your wig.

I mean, come on, what character has bright pink hair and black eyebrows? Maybe it can be overlooked if the character has dark hair. But if you're cosplaying a character who is blonde, red-headed, white-haired, or has some strange neon-colored hair, make sure your eyebrows match that color. I'm not asking for the carpet to match the drapes, but feel free to do so. All I'm asking is when I look at your face, I see only one color from every strand sticking out of your head, eyebrows included. If you can't do this, just use your natural hair color. It's more permissible than when your already ugly face wears a bright wig without the matching eyebrows.

tl;dr: Color your eyebrows, or don't wear a non-matching wig.

Sincerely,

Appalled Cosplay Viewer,
Inggo

No comments: